Wednesday 12 March 2008

The wonders of technology

I don't often get the chance to do this, but today I set aside a few hours to help some girlfriends with the wonders of modern technology. Now I've worked with all of these girls in the past when they've been high flying executives in various high brow roles in industry and each are now either 'retired' or 'semi-retired', so unlike me they aren't in a position to keep abreast of new web developments. So I found myself being 'the expert' in buying and selling on e-bay - something I rarely do incidentally! It was quite a frightening proposition being 'the expert' but we had a hilarious time and did actually manage to achieve our objective of listing at least one item to sell. One of the funniest things was starting out with a selection of potential items to sell, but then working out that many of the girls actually didn't want to part with half of them (or at least not for the money that it looked like they'd get on e-bay)! The moral of the story however, was that all of us agreed we should take some 'time-out' more often not just to learn new skills, but to keep in touch with old friends ... it was fun!

No comments: